Took a break from blogging to manage a busy week or two. During those weeks the following events occurred (not in chronological order):
1. Our dog, Kweli, suffered some terrible dog plague and proceeded to throw up everywhere. Everywhere includes a pile of old sweaters in R’s closet that thankfully “were going to be donated anyway.”
2. Binoculars were purchased so I could watch the birds at my bird feeder.
3. I bought my wedding dress.
4. I became newly aware that eye glass frames are incredibly expensive.
5. I discovered that my Kindle cover caused my Kindle to reset all the time. The answer? A new Kindle cover with a reading light.
6. Elizabeth Bishop had a birthday.
7. I am going to Seattle in April for a conference.
8. My sister visited. She’s awesome.
9. I learned I am teaching all online classes this summer.
10. I went mini golfing with my colleagues in Liberal Arts & Sciences.
11. I went to a talk given by a survivor of one of the death camps in the Congo.
12. I ate the most amazing brunch ever at Zest & then drew all over the tables (see pics below).
13. I had a fun book club meeting where we discussed Murder on the Orient Express.
14. I attended a performance by my community college’s chapter of the Odeon Society.
15. I chatted with my best friend who I don’t talk to nearly enough.
16. I bought Elizabeth Bishop and The New Yorker.
17. I got my taxes done and almost had a heart attack when the accountant thought I owed $5000. Thankfully, she was wrong.
18. We began the registering process at Crate & Barrel.
19. I ran almost three miles at 5.3 on the treadmill.
20. I sent out more poetry submissions.